I know… I said I was gonna share every month a new game and I already missed the whole January 🙂 But you know why? There are two reasons: first, there was a 2 week holiday gap and we couldn’t start the new unit. So there was nothing to turn into a game…
Then suddenly I remembered that I had a revision game from last year that I prepared for our 4th graders! So till the other reading comprehension classroom escape game, here is a revision game including some grammar topics like these:
- Personality adjectives
- Simple Present Tense
- Present Continuous Tense
- Personality types
- Frequency adverbs
- Some actions
Here you can see the game pack:
So, I’ve prepared this game by using Richmond Publishing’s lovely course book Thumbs up 4. This is the revision of Unit 1.
The level is A1+ or CYL (Flyers) or GESE 4
As I always say, you can play these games just for fun.
Just look at the topics for a short time and then grab a photocopy and play it with your students. These games are also great as “time fillers”.
If this is your first time in my blog, you may want to have a look at the other games I have prepared
You can also have a look at the first post where I explain what educational escape rooms are and how I prepare them.
How to Play:
- You need 40-50 minutes.
- Download the Article and Can you Break the Code Escape the Classroom Game Pack pdf files. They are both ready to print. So just print them out (My advice: Don’t print them double sided as it will be harder to read and follow the sections).
- Group your students. (2-5 ideally)
- Give them mobile phones or tablets or i Pads which have QR Code Reader apps downloaded. (It is easier if the devices have QR Code reader apps in them but if they don’t that’s not a problem as there is also a web link they can reach the game).
- Put all the papers (Article + Game Pack) in a big envelope (this is optional of course you can just hand the files to your students or even find a more creative way to give the papers 🙂
- Important Detail: In the pack, there are 2 separate pages with speaking cards and passwords. These pages are for the teacher. Do not give them to your students. During the game at some sections kids will have to answer some questions so that they can get passwords directly from you.
Before playing the game I suggest you to scan the code and reach the game and play it yourself (or just have a look) to foresee what your students may ask you during the game 🙂
This is what I say to my students: “Whatever you need is in the envelope! Open it and find the “QR Code” page. When you scan it, you will reach the game. Answer the questions to find your CODES. You will need those codes to open the sections and finish the game. Good luck! 🙂 ”
Here is the ANSWER KEY:
Section 1: FFSS
Section 2: WTTEWP
Section 3: CBBA
Section 4: HELLO
Section 5: 18945623
Section 6: HQHSSL
Section 7: HYFO
Thank you for playing! ^_^
*** Every Month*** I will be sharing a new escape the classroom game. So! Stay Tuned!