I can’t believe I’m already sharing the 2nd breakout edu |escape the classroom game! And I will be sharing one EVERY MONTH!
The first one I’ve shared has been downloaded many times! I can ensure you, kids are having fun and they are learning at the same time. If you are not familiar with these kinds of games and wanna learn more about them, please visit my first blog post:
So, I wanted to share one of the Breakout Edu games I have prepared for our 3rd graders (CEFR A1 Level – CYL Movers – Gese 3)
This game is based on a READING activity. It’s a reading comprehension pack. You will see how many questions kids will have to answer But they will not complain as it is a game :))
I have used an article from Richmond Publishing’s course book Thumbs Up 3 (Unit 1 – Reading Text – The Magic Rain Book Episode 1)
Here is the article:
And this is how the game pack looks like:
How to Play:
- You need 30-40 minutes.
- Download the Article and the Game Pack pdf files. They are both ready to print. So just print them out (My advice: Don’t print them double sided as it will be harder to read and follow the sections).
- Group your students. (2-4 ideally)
- Give them mobile phones or tablets or i Pads which have QR Code Reader apps downloaded. (It is easier if the devices have QR Code reader apps in them but if they don’t that’s not a problem as there is also a web link they can reach the game).
- Put all the papers (Article + Game Pack) in a big envelope (this is optional of course you can just hand the files to your students or even find a more creative way to give the papers 🙂
- Important Detail: In the pack, there are 1 separate page with password tickets. This page is for the teacher. Do not give them to your students. During the game at some sections kids will have to answer some questions so that they can get password tickets directly from you.
Before playing the game I suggest you to scan the code and reach the game and play it yourself (or just have a look) to foresee what your students may ask you during the game.
This is what I say to my students: “Whatever you need is in the envelope! Open it and find the “QR Code” page. When you scan it, you will reach the game. Answer the questions to find your CODES. You will need those codes to open the sections and finish the game. Good luck! 🙂
You can search for more games like that from the main page – TAGS – Escape the classroom – or – BreakoutEDU
*** Every Month*** I will be sharing a new escape the classroom game. So! Stay Tuned!
Thanks for playing ^_^