I’m back with a brand new escape the classroom game pack! (As I said I will be sharing a new game EVERY MONTH).
This game is about The Magic Rain Book Episode 3. So if you haven’t seen the first 2 episodes or didn’t play it with your students no worries, as it is a reading comprehension activity game all the questions are related to the third episode. Kids don’t need to know about the first two episodes to finish the game but still, it would be more effective to finish the first ones before the third as there is a very nice story that you wouldn’t want to miss and it doesn’t make sense to start from the end of the story, either 🙂
You can click here and visit the Escape the Classroom Game Pack Freebie no.1 blog post to download the Magic Rain Book Episode 1 game pack and play it with your students. You can click here to visit and download the Second Episode.
Anyways, if you are new to this topic you can visit my first blog post about educational escape the classroom games and learn more about escape rooms, where they come from, why and how I create such games…
So, I wanted to share one of the Breakout Edu games I have prepared for our 3rd graders (CEFR A1 Level – CYL Movers – Gese 3)
This game is based on a READING activity. It’s a reading comprehension pack. You will see how many questions kids will have to answer But they will not complain as it is a game :))
I have used an article from Richmond Publishing’s course book Thumbs Up 3 (Unit 3 – Reading Text – The Magic Rain Book Episode 3)
Here is the Article:
Here is how the game pack looks like:
How to Play:
- You need 30-40 minutes.
- Download the Article and the Game Pack pdf files. They are both ready to print. So just print them out (My advice: Don’t print them double sided as it will be harder to read and follow the sections).
- Group your students. (2-4 ideally)
- Give them mobile phones or tablets or i Pads which have QR Code Reader apps downloaded. (It is easier if the devices have QR Code reader apps in them but if they don’t that’s not a problem as there is also a web link they can reach the game).
- Put all the papers (Article + Game Pack) in a big envelope (this is optional of course you can just hand the files to your students or even find a more creative way to give the papers 🙂
- Important Detail: In the pack, there are 1 separate page with password tickets. This page is for the teacher. Do not give them to your students. During the game at some sections kids will have to answer some questions so that they can get password tickets directly from you.
Before playing the game I suggest you to scan the code and reach the game and play it yourself (or just have a look) to foresee what your students may ask you during the game.
This is what I say to my students: “Whatever you need is in the envelope! Open it and find the “QR Code” page. When you scan it, you will reach the game. Answer the questions to find your CODES. You will need those codes to open the sections and finish the game. Good luck! 🙂
You can download the article (ready to print pdf file) HERE.
You can download the Escape the Classroom Game Pack HERE.
You can download the ANSWER KEY here.
You can search for more games like that from the main page – TAGS – Escape the classroom – or – BreakoutEDU
*** Every Month*** I will be sharing a new escape the classroom game. So! Stay Tuned!
Thanks for playing ^_^